Carbon Dioxide Wheeled Fire Extinguisher
Buckeye Fire Equipment is one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the fire safety industry. Buckeye products are quality certified, and the company has earned the prestigious ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certification. This UL/ULC approved Wheeled Carbon Dioxide Extinguisher is constructed with DOT/TC approved spun steel cylinders, a rugged and well-balanced frame, solid rubber tires, and plated brass valve assemblies to ensure product durability, quality, and functionality to your established firefighting protocols. This carbon dioxide fire extinguisher is well suited for use on Class B and Class C fires.
This product is the Buckeye C-50-SE wheeled fire extinguisher with a 50 lb. agent capacity designed for easy one-man operation making it easier when navigating around equipment, aisles, and tight spaces. Yet, this model has sufficient fire extinguishing capacity to cover 20 square feet of fire, discharging with a spray duration of 40 seconds and a range of 15 ft. (4.6 m). The carbon dioxide is a residue-free agent, not corrosive to surfaces, and therefore typically used when protecting sensitive electronic equipment in refineries, shipboard, laboratories, construction sites, chemical plants and manufacturing facilities.
Features of the Buckeye C-50-SE Wheeled Fire Extinguisher include:
- 50 lb. (23 kg) Tank Size: intended for smaller, more restricted industrial fires
- UL Rating of 20-B:C – used for fighting Class B (flammable liquid) and Class C (energized electrical equipment) fires
- Carbon Dioxide agent for use on sensitive electrical equipment, is not corrosive
- Operating Temperature Range: -22° to 120°F (-30° to 49°C)
- Discharge time 40 sec., discharge range 15 ft. (4.6m)
- Hose Diameter and Length: .50 in. x 15 ft. (1.27 cm x 4.6 m)
- Unit Height x Width x Depth: 60” x 31” x 21” (152.4 x 78.74 x 53.3 cm)
- Unit weight: 286 lb. (130 kg)
- Solid rubber tires won’t go flat
Carbon Dioxide Fire Suppression Agent
Carbon dioxide is most effective on Class B and Class C fires and has non-conductive properties, so it can be used on electrical (anything plugged in) fires and is residue-free and will not cause corrosive destruction to electrical equipment. When the carbon dioxide is discharged from the cannister it expands and cools the surrounding air as it extinguishes the fire.