Amerex Fire Corporation
During the past 50 years the Amerex Corporation has been a constant and diligent innovator in designing and manufacturing highest quality fire protection products, earning a reputation for excellence in both product production, customer service including client education. This constant approach to understanding the wide-sweeping changes that have and are taking place in the fire protection industry has helped them to rise to a leader in recent times. Amerex specializes in the innovation of hand portable and wheeled fire extinguishers, gas detection systems, and industrial, cooking, and military fire suppression systems.
Amerex Hand Portable Extinguishers
Amerex manufactures a full line of hand portable fire extinguishers including specialty types and code compliant types. All extinguishers come with a six-year warranty, stored pressure design, durable high gloss polyester powder paint for protection against corrosion, and an all metal valve construction -chrome plated brass valve body and stainless-steel handle and lever, and anodized aluminum valve body, handle, and lever. Models are economical to maintain and serve and come with a large loop pull pin for ease of use. When used with UL label listed bracket the extinguishers are United State Coast Guard (USCG) approved. Fire extinguisher model types:
- ABC Multi-Purpose Stored Pressure Dry Chemical: Effective in combating Class A, B, and C fires.
- Regular Dry Chemical Stored Pressure Sodium Bicarbonate: Used in combating Class B and C fires.
- FAA Approved Halotron 1: Discharges a clean agent as a rapidly evaporating liquid that is non-conductive and leaves no residue.
- Purple K Stored Pressure Dry Chemical: Used in combating Class B and C fires.
- Wet Chemical Stored Pressure Class K Kitchen: Safe for use in energized electrical appliances, tested for commercial deep fryers to ANSI/UL, and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Carbon Dioxide Stored Pressure: Effective in combating Class B and C fires and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Class D Stored Pressure Dry Powder: Effective in fighting Class D fires.
- USCG Approved AFFF ATC Foam: Effective in combating Class A and B fires and the durable high gloss polyester powder paint coating makes it USCG approved.
- Halotron I Clean Agent: Environmentally friendly in combating Class A, B, and C fire and leaves no residue to clean up.
- High Flow: Effective in treating Class A, B, or C fires.
- Foam Stored Pressure: Effective in combating Class A and B fires and comes with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Water Mist: The fine spray provides protection against electrical shock while greatly enhancing cooling and soaking characteristics of the agent and reduces scattering of burning materials. An excellent choice for hospital settings, telecommunication facilities, and clean room manufacturing facilities.
- Camo Units: ABC or multi-purpose uses a specially fluidized and siliconized mono ammonium phosphate dry chemical.
Amerex Wheeled Fire Extinguishers
Amerex manufactures a large selection of wheeled fire extinguisher units that provide stainless steel collars, chrome plated brass fill caps, brass hose fittings, swivel discharge valve, steel cylinder, carriage, and hose rack, lift eyes, chrome plated brass regulator, and comes with a six-year warranty.
- CO2: Provides large volume CO2 protection for fighting Class B and C fires and leaves no damaging reside.
- Dry Chemical: Effective in treating Class A, B, and C fires (or B and C), nitrogen cylinder operated, and comes in ABC, Regular, Purple K dry chemical.
- Foam: Contains a premixed alcohol resistant AFFF ATC foam highly effective in fighting Class B fuel fires and a penetrating and wetting agent on fires involving Class A materials.
- Galvanized: Extra protection with hot-dipped galvanized steel cylinder.
- Halon 1211: A liquified gas, pressurized with nitrogen which discharges as a vapor causing no cold or static shock while providing protection of delicate and sensitive electrical equipment, computers, engines, etc.
- Wet Chemical: Uses a Class K liquid agent containing a potassium acetate base formula to combat Class A and K fires.
- Halotron I: Discharges a clean agent to obtain FAA approval in fighting Class A and B, or Class A, B, and C, or Class B and C fires.
- Stored Pressure: Housed in a carriage design that provides cage type protection for the agent cylinder as well as a well-balanced platform for transportation and operation in extinguishing Class A, B, and C fires.
- Class D: Effective in fighting Class D fires of flammable metals.
Industrial Fire Suppression System: Effective in applications such as vehicle paint spray booth and other industrial applications.
Compressed Air Foam Systems: A unique stored-pressure and self-contained foam discharging unit using air or nitrogen for the carrier and expellant agent to cover large surfaces rapidly and completely.
Restaurant Systems: Uniquely designed for commercial cooking applications. Systems meet or exceed current UL-300 standards. These units can be designed for new installation or retrofit, are wet chemical agent compatible with stainless appliances, provides pre-filled, stored pressure agent cylinders, specific zone defense coverage configuration, mechanical or pneumatic release modules, and are NFPA, UL, ULC, and LPBC listed and designed.
Large Capacity Skid Systems: Designed for large scale fire fighting of industrial and extreme hazard environments.
Vehicle Systems: Specifically engineered for protection of off-road vehicles commonly used in mining, waste management, mass transit and forestry industries.
Defense Applications: Fire suppression systems and solutions specifically designed for our military, home and abroad, to provide the most innovative protection of U.S. military personnel and tactical ground vehicles.
Small Front Engine Bus System: The Amerex Small Vehicle System is designed specifically for use on front engine vehicles such as airport shuttle, para-transit, and other small front engine applications.
Methane Gas Detection: Designed for gas detection purposes on vehicles that use alternative fuels as a gas monitoring and warning system to warn the vehicle operator of potential danger.