For over a century Badger Fire Protection has designed, manufactured, and assembled superior quality industrial fire extinguishers that are sold to a worldwide market. Located in Charlottesville, Virginia, Badger Fire Protection is an International Organization for Standardiation (ISO)-registered company that offers a broad line of industrial fire extinguishers and wet and dry chemical fire suppression systems, including Range Guard, the nation’s first commercial kitchen wet chemical fire suppression system.
As an ISO-registered company, Badger Fire Protection is part of an international group focused on quality management that establishes standards for a variety of operational practices that promote worldwide proprietary, industrial and commercial standards. Badger is also part of UTC Building and Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries.
Badger Fire Extinguishers
All of Badger fire extinguishers comply with local codes and are approved or listed by:
- National Fire Protection Association
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
- Department of Transportation
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- United States Coast Guard (most models)
- Underwriters Laboratories of Canada, Inc. (most models)
Badger’s comprehensive line of fire extinguisher models and features includes:
- Extra High Flow: These dry chemical extinguishing agent models have discharge rates that exceed the minimum one pound per second of NFPA, providing the desired protection in commercial and industrial applications where the process, transport, handling, and storage of flammable Class B fuels pose a potential fire risk.
- ABC Multipurpose Standard: These multipurpose dry chemical models contain the highest percentage of essential base ingredients available, are versatile and economical, suitable for use on Class A, B, and C fires, and effectively cover most fire risks common to commercial and domestic settings.
- ABC Multipurpose Extra: Similar to the ABC Multipurpose Standard models for essential base ingredients, versatility, and use on Class A, B, and C fires, but the “Extra” model offers these compliances and protections with premium features.
- Advantage: A new line of quality fire extinguishers for commercial purposes that are faster to service, have a square thread valve design, heavy duty metal siphon tube, no scratch hose strap, and a large pull pin.
- Universal Ultra AA-AFFF Foam: These specially formulated foam fire extinguishing models contain an alcohol resistant (AR) aqueous film-forming foam (AFFF) that is extremely effective on Class A fires of common combustibles – both hydrocarbon and polar solvent fuels. The foam is non-toxic, environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and easy to clean up.
- Regular Dry Chemical: The sodium bicarbonate dry chemical agent stored pressure fire extinguisher is designed to be effective in combating any Class B or C fire.
- Brigade Dry Chemical Cartridge Operated Extinguisher: This high quality, most effective fire extinguisher model is designed to extinguish various fire situations that stored pressure models cannot, making it the preferred choice of firefighting professionals when the fire situation demands fast and effective fire extinguishing performance.
- Carbon Dioxide Self-Expelling Extinguisher: Designed for extinguishing Class B and C flammable liquid and electrical fires, these models are uniquely suited for flammable liquid and electrical fire hazards. This helps protect sensitive electrical equipment as it does not leave a residue that will damage the electrical equipment and requires not cleanup.
- Non-Magnetic Carbon Dioxide: Specifically designed for use in magnetic resonance imaging system environments, these clean extinguishing agent models do not leave any damaging residue and have been found to pose no magnetic safety hazards.
- Class D Dry Powder Extinguisher: The model contains a unique blend of sodium chloride based dry powder agent that is effective in combating combustible metal (magnesium, sodium, potassium, and sodium-potassium alloys) fires via a smothering effect.
- Class K Wet Chemical Stored Pressure Extinguisher: Pioneered and engineered for commercial kitchen fire protection and code requirements, these models are effective in suppressing cooking media fire hazards.
- Halotron-1: These models are an environmentally sound alternative clean agent for combating Class A, B, and C fires that occur in areas where computers, data storage, robotics, telecommunications, and other high-tech equipment is located.
- Purple K Dry Chemical: The model uses potassium bicarbonate Purple K dry chemical agent for use in industrial and commercial settings in combating Class B and C fires.
- Water: This water-based model is effective in fighting Class A fires of common combustibles like trash, wood, paper, and fabrics.
Badger’s fire extinguishers feature heavy duty plated brass valves, stainless steel handles and levers, large loop stainless steel pull pins with tether, plated brass hose couplings with hex connection fitting, and heavy-duty agent discharge hose assemblies.
Badger Fire Suppression Systems
Badger Range Guard: A state-of-the-art fire detection, automatic appliance turn-off mechanism, and immediate wet chemical fire suppression system for commercial kitchens, provides protection against facility damage by suppressing fire and preventing reflash burn. Once a fire has been extinguished, it allows for quick and easy clean up as the agent is easily removed by simply wiping it from equipment.
Industry Guard: Complete with audible and/or visual notification of system activation, this 24-hour commercial kitchen protection system uses dry chemical agents to quickly and effectively suppress fires with more effectiveness than any other agent. Up to 100 cylinders can be activated from one control head.