Have you ever tried to purchase a wall or vehicle bracket for a fire extinguisher and struggled to find the correct type that matches your fire extinguisher? Recently, I went through this and ended up wasting a lot of time googling model #’s, bracket types, etc. and came away still assuming I was purchasing the correct bracket. A few days after, I found a few fire extinguisher wall and vehicle bracket reference guides, that would have helped tremendously if I found them a few days sooner. Before I share these, it seems relevant to review why fire extinguisher wall and vehicle brackets are so essential.
Why are Fire Extinguisher Wall and Vehicle Brackets Important?
Below are 4 reasons to make getting a wall or vehicle bracket for your fire extinguisher a high priority.
- Safety: Brackets secure fire extinguishers in a fixed position, reducing the risk of them tipping over or becoming dislodged during an emergency. This ensures that the fire extinguisher is ready, and reduces the risk of injury or damage to the extinguisher.
- Convenience: Fire extinguisher brackets make it easy to locate the extinguisher in an emergency, as they are typically installed in a highly visible location near potential fire hazards. This helps to ensure that the fire extinguisher is quickly accessible when needed.
- Compliance: In many jurisdictions, fire code regulations require that fire extinguishers be securely mounted in a bracket or cabinet. Installing fire extinguisher brackets helps to ensure compliance with these regulations, and helps to protect against potential legal liabilities.
- Protection: Fire extinguisher brackets help to protect fire extinguishers from accidental damage. For example, if a fire extinguisher is left on the floor, it may be damaged by foot traffic or be knocked over. Brackets prevent this from happening, ensuring that the fire extinguisher remains in good working condition and ready for use in an emergency.
Six Things To Consider When Selecting Fire Extinguisher Brackets?
When selecting fire extinguisher wall or vehicle brackets, there are several important factors to consider to ensure that the bracket is suitable for your needs:
- Type of fire extinguisher: It is important to choose a bracket that is designed for the specific type and size of fire extinguisher you are using.
- Location: Consider the location where the bracket will be installed. For wall brackets, this will include factors such as the type of wall and the proximity to potential fire hazards. For vehicle brackets, consider factors such as the type of vehicle and the size of the extinguisher.
- Secure installation: Ensure that the bracket is securely attached to the wall or vehicle and will not easily become dislodged. For wall brackets, this may include using appropriate anchoring hardware. For vehicle brackets, consider factors such as the type of mounting system and the weight of the extinguisher.
- Accessibility: Ensure that the fire extinguisher is easily accessible in the event of an emergency. This may include installing the bracket in a highly visible location and at a height that is easily reachable.
- Compatibility with fire code regulations: In many jurisdictions, fire code regulations specify the type of bracket that must be used for fire extinguishers. It is important to ensure that the bracket you choose is in compliance with these regulations.
- Durability: Consider the type of material used to construct the bracket and its ability to withstand exposure to the elements and daily use.
In summary, when selecting fire extinguisher wall or vehicle brackets, it is important to consider factors such as the type of fire extinguisher, the location of installation, secure installation, accessibility, compatibility with fire code regulations, and durability.
Finding the Right Size Bracket for Your Needs
To find the right size fire extinguisher wall or vehicle bracket, follow these steps:
- Measure the fire extinguisher: The first step is to measure the fire extinguisher to determine its dimensions. You will need to know the height, width, and depth of the extinguisher, as well as its weight.
- Check manufacturer specifications/regulations: Check the manufacturer’s specifications for the fire extinguisher to determine the recommended size of the bracket. This information is usually provided in the product manual or on the manufacturer’s website. Some fire extinguisher manufacturers may have specific recommendations for the type of bracket to use with their products. Be sure to follow these recommendations to ensure that the bracket you choose is appropriate for the fire extinguisher you are using.
- Consider the location: Consider the location where the bracket will be installed, and the type of wall or vehicle it will be mounted on. Ensure that the bracket is designed for use in the intended location and that it will securely attach to the wall or vehicle.
- Check for compatibility with fire code regulations: In many jurisdictions, fire code regulations specify the type of bracket that must be used for fire extinguishers. Ensure that the bracket you choose is in compliance with these regulations.
- Choose a bracket with the correct dimensions: Based on the information you have gathered, choose a bracket that has the correct dimensions to securely hold the fire extinguisher. Ensure that the bracket is appropriately sized to hold the weight of the extinguisher and that it will not tip over or become dislodged during an emergency.
If you’re like me, you may need some additional resources to ensure you are buying the correct size bracket for your fire extinguishers. Below are the Amerex and Badger Reference Guides which provide the exact wall/vehicle brackets needed for the fire extinguisher sizes and models. Amerex also carries some universal options that allow you to fit a variety of extinguishers, as long as you know the diameter of the extinguisher.
Purchase Wall or Vehicle Brackets from OnlineSafetyDepot.com
Product on saleBadger™ Vehicle Bracket (For 20 lb Extinguishers)
Product on saleBadger™ Vehicle Bracket (For 10 lb Brigade Extinguishers)
Product on saleBadger™ Vehicle Bracket (For 5 lb Extinguishers)
Product on saleAmerex® Universal Vehicle Brackets – (Fits 7 3/4″–8″ Dia Shells)
Product on saleAmerex® Universal Vehicle Brackets – (Fits 7 1/4″–7 1/2″ Dia Shells)
Product on saleUniversal Strap Fire Extinguisher Bracket for 5lb and 6lb Extinguishers