65 lb Buckeye Halotron Fire Extinguisher
Buckeye Fire Equipment is one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the fire safety industry. Buckeye products are quality certified, and the company has earned the prestigious ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certification. This UL and ULC approved and DOT compliant wheeled Halotron fire extinguisher is engineered with DOT/TC approved cylinders, a durable, rugged, and well-balanced frame and semi-pneumatic tires to ensure product durability, quality, and functionality. Halotron is a residue-free, non-conductive agent that is suitable for use on Class A, Class B, and Class C fires.
This product is the Buckeye W-65 wheeled fire extinguisher with a 65 lb. agent capacity designed for easy one-man operation. This unit can be easily navigated around equipment, aisles, and other obstacles. This model has sufficient fire extinguishing capacity to cover 60 square feet of fire, discharging with a spray duration of 20 seconds and a range of 15-25 ft. (4.6 m-7.6 m). Halotron is a residue-free agent, not corrosive to surfaces, and therefore typically used when protecting sensitive electronic equipment in research facilities, vehicle/aircraft/marine service facilities, and flight lines.
Key Features of the Buckeye W-65 Wheeled Fire Extinguisher include:
- 65 lb. (29.5 kg) tank utilized for smaller more restricted fires
- UL/ULC rating 4A:60B:C – used for fighting Class A, Class B, and Class C fires
- Halotron for use on sensitive electronic equipment
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° to 120°F (-40° to 49°C)
- Discharge time 20 sec., discharge range 15-25 ft. (4.6 –7.6 m)
- Hose Diameter and Length: .75 in. x 25 ft. (1.9 cm x 7.6 m)
- Unit Height x Width x Depth: 50” x 24” x 41.5” (127 x 61 x 105.4 cm)
- Unit weight: 252 lb. (114 kg)
- Semi-pneumatic tires
Halotron Fire Suppression Agent
Halotron is a gas that interrupts the chemical reaction that takes place when fuel burns. Used primarily when extinguishing fires involving sensitive electrical equipment as it will not leave a corrosive residue, does not cause a chilling effect on electrical components, does not need to be cleaned up after the fire is extinguished, and can be used on Class A, B, and C fires.
Please read our article “What Type of Fire Extinguisher Do I Need?” to learn more about fire suppression agents commonly used in the different types of wheeled fire extinguishers.