Perfect small and compact ABC fire extinguisher for vehicle or marine vessel use.
- Model Number: 417TC
- Size: 2.5 lb
- Dimensions: 15 1/2″H x 5 3/4″W x 3″D
- Technical Data:
- Model Number: B417C
- UL Rating: 1A:10B:C
- Class: ABC
- Cylinder Material: Steel
- Operating Pressure: 195 psi
- Temperature Range: -65°F to 120°F
- Discharge Time: 10 sec
- Discharge Range: 9–15 ft
- Shipping Weight: 5.5 lb
- USCG Approval: Yes (w/ bracket listed on extinguisher)
USCG Approved (US Coast Guard Approved) Explained:
USCG Approved is simply meaning an underwriters lab approves specific fire extinguishers to be rated for marine vessel use. Class B (Flammable liquids, gases, fuels, etc.) fires are the prominent concern for marine vessels and the regulations have changed in recent years. In 2022, new US Coast Guard or marine vessel fire extinguisher regulations were published at the following link. federalregister.gov/documents/2021/10/22/2021-22578/fire-protection-for-recreational-vessels#sectno-reference-175.320. The regulation may be found in 33 CFR Chapter 1, Subchapter S Part 175 Subpart E .
Here is a simplified explanation of the new extinguisher requirements, which depend on the model year of the boat:
- Model year 2018 or newer: Vessels may carry extinguishers labeled as 5-B, 10-B or 20-B. Extinguishers labeled with B-I or B-II only are no longer acceptable. The manufacturing date must not be more than 12 years old.
- Model year 2017 or older: Vessels may carry extinguishers labeled either 5-B, 20-B rated extinguishers with date stamp or B-I, B-II rated fire extinguishers.