The Buckeye Fire Equipment brand is one of the most recognized in the fire safety industry. Buckeye products are quality certified. The company has earned the prestigious ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certification. Buckeye makes fire extinguishers, included this wheeled one, to handle almost any major industrial fire situation. Buckeye wheeled fire extinguishers are typically used for offshore rigs, ship docks, refineries, chemical plants, aircraft ramps, remote construction sites, large laboratories, processing plants, storage and loading areas.
This product is the Buckeye K-50-SP wheeled fire extinguisher. This fire extinguisher is the smallest of the wheeled fire extinguishers, and is intended for fighting smaller industrial fires. The smaller size and lighter weight of this 50-pound unit (compared to 125-lb, 150-lb, and other larger-sized units) makes it easier to use by a single person, including when navigating around equipment, aisles, and tight spaces.
Features of the Buckeye K-50-SP Wheeled Fire Extinguisher include:
- 50 Pound Tank Size: intended for smaller, more restricted industrial fires
- Purple K Fire Suppression Agent: one of the most effective and versatile fire suppressant agents available
- Semi-Pneumatic Rubber Wheels: tires won’t go flat because of punctures
- Dimensions: 47in H x 24in W x 26.5in D: easy to navigate hallways, aisles, and other tight spaces
- UL Rating: 160B:C – use for fighting class B (flammable liquid) and class C (energized electrical equipment) fires
- Operating Temperature Range: -65° to 120°F (-54° to 49°C)
Purple K Fire Suppression Agent
Purple K is most effective fire suppressant agent for extinguishing flammable liquid (class B) fires aside from Monnex (potassium allophanate). The Purple K dry chemical agent used in this fire extinguisher is also effective in fighting fires associated with energized electrical equipment – class C.
Please read our article “What Type of Fire Extinguisher Do I Need?” to learn more about fire suppression agents commonly used in the different types of wheeled fire extinguishers.