Buckeye 50lb Class ABC Stored Pressure Wheeled Fire Extinguisher with Semi-Pneumatic Rubber Wheels
Buckeye products are quality certified and one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the fire safety industry. The company’s focus on quality products has earned it the prestigious ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certification. Their dry chemical fire extinguishers are UL and ULC listed, DOT compliant, USCG approved, rechargeable and perfectly suited for use on Class A, Class B and Class C fires.
This A-50-SP model wheeled fire extinguisher is constructed with a solid, well-balanced frame, equipped with spun steel cylinders, brass valves, and semi pneumonic tires to provide the best in product durability and functionality to help ensure you are properly prepared for your fire safety protocols. Designed for one-man operation this unit is easily transportable through doorways and down aisles and can maneuver in smaller areas and over rough terrain. Tow Loops can be added if you need easy vehicle transport capability.
With a 50 lb. agent capacity this wheeled fire extinguisher has sufficient fire extinguishing capacity to cover 160 square feet of fire, discharging with a spray duration of 35 seconds and a range of 25-35 ft. (7.6-10.7 m). This dry chemical fire extinguisher is a great choice for offshore rigs, ship docks, chemical plants, aircraft ramps, refineries, remote construction sites, large laboratories, processing plants, storage, docking, and loading areas.
Features of the Buckeye A-50-SP Wheeled Fire Extinguisher include:
- 50 lb. (23 kg) Tank Size: intended for larger scale fire protection needs
- UL Rating of 10A:160B:C used for fighting Class A (common combustibles) Class B (flammable liquid) and Class C (energized electrical equipment) fires
- Monoammonium Phosphate agent (not for use on sensitive electrical equipment)
- Operating Temperature Range: -65° to 120°F (-54° to 49°C)
- Discharge Time 35 sec., discharge range 35 ft. (10.7 m)
- Hose Diameter and Length: .50 in. x 25 ft. (1.27 cm x 7.6 m)
- Unit Height x Width x Depth: 47” x 24” x 26.5” (119 x 61 x 76 cm)
- Unit weight: 154 lb. (70 kg)
- Semi Pneumatic Rubber Wheels
- Wheel diameter 12-1/2 in, wheel width 3-1/2 in
ABC Dry Chemical Fire Suppression Agent
Dry chemical fire extinguishers use the multi-purpose Monoammonium Phosphate suppression agent. This dry chemical agent is effective in fighting Class A, Class B, and Class C (involving energized electrical equipment) and has a greater agent discharge range.
Please read our article “What Type of Fire Extinguisher Do I Need?” to learn more about fire suppression agents commonly used in the different types of wheeled fire extinguishers.