Buckeye Model S-150-RG-36 150 lb. Standard Dry Chemical Agent Regulated Pressure Wheeled Fire Extinguisher (31240)
Buckeye wheeled fire extinguisher products are quality certified and one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the fire safety industry. The company’s focus on quality products has earned it the prestigious ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certification. Their dry chemical fire extinguishers are UL and ULC listed, DOT compliant, USCG approved, rechargeable and perfectly suited for use on Class A, Class B and Class C fires.
This S-150-RG-36 model is constructed with a solid, well-balanced frame, equipped with spun steel cylinders, brass valves, and steel wheels to provide the best in product durability and functionality to help ensure you are properly prepared for your fire safety protocols. Designed for one-man operation this unit is easily transportable through doorways and down aisles and can maneuver in smaller areas and over rough terrain.
With a 150 lb. wheeled fire extinguisher agent capacity this model has sufficient fire extinguishing capacity to cover 240 square feet of fire, discharging with a spray duration of 48 seconds and a range of 30-40 ft. (9.1-12.2 m). This dry chemical fire extinguisher is a great choice for offshore rigs, ship docks, chemical plants, aircraft ramps, refineries, remote construction sites, large laboratories, processing plants, storage, docking, and loading areas.
Features of the Buckeye S-150-RG-36 Wheeled Fire Extinguisher include:
- 150 lb. (68 kg) Tank Size: intended for larger scale fire protection needs
- UL Rating of 240B:C used for fighting Class A (common combustibles) Class B (flammable liquid) and Class C (energized electrical equipment) fires
- Sodium Bicarbonate agent (not for use on sensitive electrical equipment)
- Operating Temperature Range: -65° to 120°F (-54° to 49°C)
- Discharge Time 48 sec., discharge range 30-40 ft. (9.1 – 12.2 m)
- Hose Diameter and Length: .75 in. x 50 ft. (1.9 cm x 15.2 m)
- Unit Height x Width x Depth: 55” x 32” x 46” (139 x 81.3 x 117 cm)
- Unit weight: 447 lb. (203 kg)
- Steel wheels
- Wheel diameter 36 in, wheel width 2.5 in (91.4 x 6.4 cm)
Standard Dry Chemical Fire Suppression Agent
Standard Dry Chemical fire extinguishers use the multi-purpose Sodium Bicarbonate suppression agent. This dry chemical agent is effective in fighting Class B, and Class C (involving energized electrical equipment) and has a greater agent discharge range.
Please read our article “What Type of Fire Extinguisher Do I Need?” to learn more about fire suppression agents commonly used in the different types of wheeled fire extinguishers.
Additional Reading: “Wheeled Fire Extinguishers – Specifications”.