Buckeye Offshore Model OS 20 ABC 20 lb Dry Chemical Agent Hand Portable Fire Extinguisher (12360)
Buckeye products are quality certified and one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the fire safety industry. The company’s focus on quality products has earned it the prestigious ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certification. Their dry chemical fire extinguishers are UL and ULC listed, DOT compliant, USCG approved, rechargeable and perfectly suited for use on Class A, Class B and Class C fires.
This OS 20 ABC model features a rugged steel cylinder treated with a galvanizing compound undercoat, baked-on enamel top coat, and protective clear coat finish to prevent corrosion and fading from exposure to sun and sea. Tested and passes a 3000-hour salt spray test for added protection. All nameplate labels have UV resistant lamination to prevent sun damage. Plated brass guard around the pressure gauge and a vinyl ring on the cylinder bottom prevent damage from the harshest environments. The nameplate labels are trilingual – English, Spanish, and French. Perfect for marine and offshore facilities providing the added protection needed for the unique and harsh environmental combination of water, salt, and sun.
Features of the Buckeye Offshore OS 20 ABC Hand Portable Fire Extinguisher include:
- 20 lb. (9 kg) Tank Size
- UL Rating of 10A:120B:C used for fighting Class A (common combustibles) Class B (flammable liquid) and Class C (energized electrical equipment) fires
- Monoammonium Phosphate agent (not for use on sensitive electrical equipment)
- Operating Temperature Range: -65° to 120°F (-54° to 49°C)
- Discharge Time 27 sec., discharge range 15-21 ft. (4.6-6.4 m)
- Unit Height x Width x Depth: 21 1/4” x 8 3/4” x 7 1/2” (54 x 22.2 x 19 cm)
- Shipping weight: 33.5 lb. (15.2 kg)
- Operating Pressure 195 psi
ABC Dry Chemical Fire Suppression Agent
Dry chemical fire extinguishers use the multi-purpose Monoammonium Phosphate suppression agent. This dry chemical agent is effective in fighting Class A, Class B, and Class C (involving energized electrical equipment) and has a greater agent discharge range.
Please read our article “What Type of Fire Extinguisher Do I Need?” to learn more about fire suppression agents commonly used in the different types of wheeled fire extinguishers.