Buckeye Offshore Model OS 30 PK 30 lb. Purple K Dry Chemical Agent Hand Portable Fire Extinguisher (13760)
Buckeye fire safety products are quality certified from one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the fire safety industry. The company’s focus on quality products has earned it the prestigious ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certification. Their Purple K dry chemical fire extinguishers are UL and ULC listed, DOT compliant, USCG approved, and suited for use on Class B and Class C fires.
This OS 30 PK model features a rugged steel cylinder and wheeled model frame treated with a galvanizing compound undercoat, baked-on enamel top coat, and protective clear coat finish to prevent corrosion and fading from exposure to sun and sea. Tested and passes a 3000-hour salt spray test for added protection. Stainless steel operating levers, plated brass valves, and plated brass guard around pressure gauge provides additional damage protection against the ravages nature can deliver. Plated brass guard around the pressure gauge and a vinyl ring on the cylinder bottom prevent damage from the harshest environments. The nameplate labels are trilingual – English, Spanish, and French. Perfect for marine and off shore facilities providing the added protection needed for the unique and harsh environmental combination of water, salt, and sun.
Features of the Buckeye OS 30 PK Portable Hand Fire Extinguisher include:
- 30 lb. (13.6 kg) Tank Size
- UL Rating of 160B:C used for fighting Class B (flammable liquid) and Class C (energized electrical equipment) fires
- Purple K agent (not for use on sensitive electrical equipment)
- Operating Temperature Range: -65° to 120°F (-54° to 49°C)
- Discharge Time 32 sec., discharge range 25-30 ft. (7.6-9.1 m)
- Unit Height x Width x Depth: 27 3/8” x 8 3/4” x 7 1/2” (69.5 x 22.2 x 19 cm)
- Shipping weight: 52.25 lb. (23.75 kg)
- Operating Pressure 195 psi
Purple K Dry Chemical Fire Suppression Agent
Purple K is a highly effective fire extinguishing agent that has been widely used for many years. It is a dry chemical powder that works by interrupting the chemical reaction that fuels a fire, effectively extinguishing it. Here are some of the key benefits of using Purple K as a fire extinguishing agent:
- Effective on a wide range of fires: Purple K is highly effective in extinguishing fires that involve flammable liquids, gases, and electrical equipment. This makes it an ideal choice for use in a variety of settings, including industrial, commercial, and offshore and marine environments.
- Longer discharge range: Purple K has a longer discharge range than many other fire extinguishing agents, which means that it can be used from a safer distance. This is especially important when dealing with large fires or when the heat and smoke make it difficult to approach the fire closely.
- Lower freezing point: Another benefit of Purple K is that it has a lower freezing point than many other dry chemical powders, which makes it more effective in colder temperatures. This is important for operations that take place in cold environments, such as offshore rigs or in Arctic regions.
- Minimal residue: Purple K leaves minimal residue after it has been used, making it easier to clean up and reducing the risk of damage to equipment and structures. This is especially important in industrial settings where downtime and cleanup costs can be significant.
- Non-corrosive: Unlike some other fire extinguishing agents, Purple K is non-corrosive, which means that it does not cause damage to equipment or structures. This is an important consideration for businesses that rely on expensive machinery or sensitive electronic equipment.
- Cost-effective: Purple K is a cost-effective option for fire suppression, as it is relatively inexpensive compared to other fire extinguishing agents. This makes it an attractive option for businesses and organizations that need to maintain a high level of fire safety without breaking the bank.
In conclusion, Purple K is a highly effective and versatile fire extinguishing agent that offers numerous benefits over other options. Its effectiveness on a wide range of fires, longer discharge range, lower freezing point, minimal residue, non-corrosive properties, and cost-effectiveness make it a valuable tool for fire suppression in a variety of settings.
Please read our article “What Type of Fire Extinguisher Do I Need?” to learn more about fire suppression agents commonly used in the different types of wheeled fire extinguishers.