Buckeye Offshore Model OS K-50-SP 50 lb. Purple K Dry Chemical Agent Stored Pressure Wheeled Fire Extinguisher (30760)
This OS K-50-SP model features a rugged steel cylinder and wheeled model frame treated with a galvanizing compound undercoat, baked-on enamel top coat, and protective clear coat finish to prevent corrosion and fading from exposure to sun and sea. Tested and passes a 3000-hour salt spray test for added protection. Stainless steel operating levers, plated brass valves, and plated brass guard around pressure gauge provides additional damage protection against the ravages nature can deliver. As a wheeled fire extinguisher designed to be operated by a single person this model can be easily transported around ship docs, off-shore rigs, and maneuvers well through doors and around any obstacles. Perfect for all marine, ship doc, and off shore facilities providing the added protection needed for the unique environmental combination of water, salt, and sun.
Features of the Buckeye OS K-50-SP Wheeled Fire Extinguisher include:
- 50 lb. (22.7 kg) Tank Size: intended for mid to larger scale fire protection needs
- UL Rating of 160:C used for fighting Class B (flammable liquid) and Class C (energized electrical equipment) fires
- Purple K agent (not for use on sensitive electrical equipment)
- Operating Temperature Range: -65° to 120°F (-54° to 49°C)
- Discharge Time 36 sec., discharge range 25-35 ft. (7.6-10.7 m)
- Hose Diameter and Length: .50 in. x 25 ft. (1.3 cm x 7.6 m)
- Unit Height x Width x Depth: 47” x 24” x 26.5” (119 x 61 x 67 cm)
- Unit weight: 154 lb. (70 kg)
- Semi Pneumatic Rubber Tires
- Wheel diameter 12.3 in, wheel width 3.5 in (31.3 x 9.8 cm)
- Operating Pressure 240 psi
Purple K Dry Chemical Fire Suppression Agent
Purple K Dry Chemical fire extinguishing agent is most effective in extinguishing Class B flammable liquid and is also effective in fighting Class C fires associated with energized electrical equipment. This powder extinguishes the fire by interfering with the chemical chain reaction taking place in the combustion zone.
Please read our article “What Type of Fire Extinguisher Do I Need?” to learn more about fire suppression agents commonly used in the different types of wheeled fire extinguishers.