Buckeye Offshore Wheeled Fire Extinguishers Model OS A-50-SP 50 lb. ABC Dry Chemical Agent Stored Pressure Wheeled Fire Extinguisher (30360)
This Offshore Wheeled Fire Extinguisher model OS A-50-SP features a rugged steel cylinder and wheeled model frame treated with a galvanizing compound undercoat, baked-on enamel top coat, and protective clear coat finish to prevent corrosion and fading from exposure to sun and sea. Tested and passes a 3000-hour salt spray test for added protection. Stainless steel operating levers, plated brass valves, and plated brass guard around pressure gauge provides additional damage protection against the ravages nature can deliver. As a Offshore Wheeled Fire Extinguishers designed to be operated by a single person this model can be easily transported around ship docs, off-shore rigs, and maneuvers well through doors and around any obstacles. Perfect for all marine, ship doc, and off shore facilities providing the added protection needed for the unique environmental combination of water, salt, and sun.
Key Features of the Buckeye OS A-50-SP Wheeled Fire Extinguisher include:
- 50 lb. (23 kg) Tank Size: intended for mid to large scale fire protection needs
- UL Rating of 10A:160B:C used for fighting Class A (common combustibles) Class B (flammable liquid) and Class C (energized electrical equipment) fires
- Monoammonium Phosphate agent (not for use on sensitive electrical equipment)
- Operating Temperature Range: -65° to 120°F (-54° to 49°C)
- Discharge Time 36 sec., discharge range 25-35 ft. (7.6 – 10.7 m)
- Hose Diameter and Length: .50 in. x 25 ft. (1.27 cm x 7.6 m)
- Unit Height x Width x Depth: 47” x 24” x 26.5” (119 x 61 x 76 cm)
- Unit weight: 154 lb. (70 kg)
- Semi Pneumatic Rubber Wheels
- Wheel diameter 12.3 in, wheel width 3.5 in
- Operating Pressure 240 psi
ABC Dry Chemical Fire Suppression Agent
Dry chemical fire extinguishers use the multi-purpose Monoammonium Phosphate suppression agent. This dry chemical agent is effective in fighting Class A, Class B, and Class C (involving energized electrical equipment) and has a greater agent discharge range.
Please read our article “What Type of Fire Extinguisher Do I Need?” to learn more about fire suppression agents commonly used in the different types of wheeled fire extinguishers.