MSA Altair 5X Multigas Detector Model 10116924 – O2, CO, H2S
Keep your employees safe from dangerous gas levels using the MSA Altair 5X Multigas Detector.
MSA Altair 5X Multigas Detector with Sampling Line and Probe
This version of the Altair 5X Multigas Detector uses a monochrome display for reading values. It can be used to detect combustible gases at the Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) or using volume percentage range. This model can also detect levels of these potentially dangerous gases:
- Oxygen – O2
- Carbon Monoxide – CO
- Hydrogen Sulfide – H2S
Applications for this multigas detector include:
- Combustible Detection
- Toxic Detection
- Oxygen Detection
- Confined Space
Rugged and multi-featured, this unit boasts several options and features for maximum safety and ease-of-use. It comes standard with large buttons for use with gloves and a polycarbonate housing that protects the detector from bumps, bruises, and drops of up to 10′. It also features the exclusive MotionAlert, which lets others know if the user has become immobile. There’s InstantAlert, too—a manual alarm to alerts others of danger.
The rugged, multi-featured ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector boasts several options that provide maximum safety and make it easy to use in even the most demanding situations. It features large buttons for easy use, and its polycarbonate housing protects the detector for drops of up to 10 ft (3 m). The detector also boasts the exclusive MotionAlert™, which lets others know if the user has become immobile, and InstantAlert™, a manual alarm that alerts others if a dangerous situation has arisen. The glow-in-the-dark housing makes it easy to see in a confined space, while the large buttons and bright display makes operation possible even when the user is wearing gloves.
ALTAIR 5X is driven by advanced MSA XCell® Sensor Technology. These sensors offer superior response time, stability, accuracy, and reliability together with an extended service life.
Highlights of the Altair 5X:
- Durable detector tests levels of combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine and many others depending on sensor configuration
- A rugged polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 10ft (3m) drop and is IP 65 certified
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow without the problems of externally-attached components
- High performance XCell sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than four years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, and SO2 sensors
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds
- Rapid bump test gives results in under 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- MotionAlert option tells others that user has become immobile
- InstantAlert provides manual alarm to alert others of a dangerous situation
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when user is wearing gloves
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions user when unit’s sensor is nearing end-of-life
- Versatile MSA Link™ allows user to transmit data to a computer
- GALAXY GX2 System compatible
MSA Part Number: 10116924